Use this dialog box to create, edit, or remove run/debug configurations, and configure the default settings that will apply to all newly created run/debug configurations.
The default settings are grouped under the Defaults node in the left-hand part of the dialog box.
Click here for the description of the options that are common for all run/debug configurations.
Find the descriptions of specific run/debug configurations in the following pages:
|Name||In this text box, specify the name of a new run/debug configuration. This field is not available for the default run/debug configurations. |
|Defaults|| This node in the left-hand pane contains the default run/debug configuration settings. Select configuration to modify its default settings in the right-hand pane. The defaults are applied to all newly created run/debug configurations. |
|Share|| Select this check box to make the run/debug configuration available to other team members. |
The shared run/debug configurations are kept in separate xml files under
.idea\runConfigurations folder, while the local run/debug configurations are kept in the
This check box is not available when editing the run/debug configuration defaults.
|Before launch||Use the controls in this area to specify which tasks must performed before applying the run/debug configuration. The tasks are performed in the order they appear in the list. The following options are available: |
- (Ctrl+N): click this icon to add a task to the list. Select one of the following task types:
- Run External tool. Select this option to run an application which is external to JetBrains Rider. In the dialog that opens, select the application or applications that should be run. If the necessary application is not defined in JetBrains Rider yet, add its definition.
- Run Another Configuration: select this option to execute one on the existing run/debug configuration. Choose a configuration to execute from the dialog box that opens.
- If the Check errors checkbox is selected, the compiler will show all the errors and the run configuration will not start.
- If the Check errors checkbox is cleared, the compiler will show all the detected errors but the run configuration still will be launched.
- Run File Watcher: select this option to run the File Watchers that are active in the current project. For more information, see Using File Watchers.
- Generate CoffeeScript Source Maps. Select this option to have the source maps for your CoffeeScript sources generated. In the dialog that opens, specify where your CoffeeScript source files are located.
- Run Remote External tool: select this option to run a remote SSH external tool. In the dialog that opens, specify the SSH external tool that you want to run. For more information, see Remote SSH External Tools.
- (Ctrl+R, D): click this icon to remove the selected task from the list.
- (Enter): click this icon to modify the selected task. Edit the task settings in the dialog that opens.
- (Alt+Up): click this icon to move the selected task up in the list.
- (Alt+Down): click this icon to move the selected task down in the list.
- Show this page: select this check box if you want to display the run/debug configuration settings before applying it.
- Active tool window: select this option if you want the Run/Debug tool windows to be activated automatically when you run/debug your application. This option is enabled by default.
|Confirm rerun with process termination||The behavior of this button depends on selecting the check box Single instance only for a particular run/debug configuration. |
- If this check box is selected, then, in case of a single instance, launching a new process (for example, by clicking on the main toolbar) while the other process is still running, results in showing a dialog box, where one should confirm termination of the current process and launching a new one.
- If this check box is not selected (or in case of multiple instances), JetBrains Rider starts the new process silently.
|Temporary configurations limit|| Specify here the maximum number of temporary configurations to be stored and shown in the Select Run/Debug Configuration drop-down list. |
Last modified: 17 November 2017