Welcome to RubyMine help!
RubyMine is a dedicated Ruby and Rails IDE providing a wide range of essential tools for Ruby developers, tightly integrated together to create a convenient environment for productive Ruby development and Web development.
- If you are completely new to RubyMine, read Quick Start Guide. The links in this section will lead you to more detailed instructions.
- Before starting with RubyMine, take a look at the basic concepts since they are useful for more productive usage of RubyMine.
- If you want to learn about the RubyMine UI, then take a guided tour. The parts Tool Windows and RubyMine Editor tell you everything you need to know to get a grip of these UI elements.
- The tutorials for beginners are in the part First Steps. They help perform the most important basic tasks with RubyMine - create and run an application.
- If you click Help button on a dialog, you will see the reference page that gives descriptions of controls and fields of each dialog.
- Besides the dialog descriptions, the part Reference also keeps miscellaneous important information, like icons reference, index of menu items, version control reference, etc.
- Finally, the part Getting Help tells about using help topics, applying to support service, reporting issues and sharing your feedback.
For advanced users
- For those who want to learn more about RubyMine, the part IDE Essentials provides information about creating projects, configuring their structure, output etc.