The following is only valid when CoffeeScript and NodeJS plugins are installed and enabled!
RubyMine integrates with the CoffeeScript compiler, recognizes
*.coffee files, and provides full range of coding assistance without any additional steps from your side. CoffeeScript files are marked with .
Before you start
- Download and install the Node.js runtime environment.
- Configure the Node.js interpreter in RubyMine as described in Configuring a local Node.js interpreter.
- Make sure Node.js plugin is enabled.
- Install and enable the CoffeeScript repository plugin as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
CoffeeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Code generation
- Navigation through source code
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
- Executing CoffeeScript files involves: