In this topic:
The import statement adds to the imports section, but the cursor does not move from the current position, and your current editing session does not interrupt. This feature is known as the Import Assistant.
The same possibility applies to the XML files. When you type a tag with an unbound namespace, import assistant suggests to create a namespace and offers a list of appropriate choices.
Importing an XML Namespace
To import an XML namespace, follow these steps:
- Open the desired file for editing, and start typing a tag. If a namespace is not bound, the following prompt appears:
- Press Alt+Enter. If there are multiple choices, select the desired namespace from the list. WebStorm creates a namespace declaration.
Importing TypeScript Symbols
In the TypeScript context, WebStorm can generate
import statements for modules, classes,
and any other symbol that can be exported and called as a type. Open the desired file in the editor and do one of the following:
- Start typing the short name of a symbol. From the suggested variants for completion, select the relevant symbol name:
- Position the cursor at the unresolved symbol, which is displayed in red, and press Alt+Enter: On the context menu, select Add import statement and press Enter.
- Configure WebStorm to show a pop-up every time you hover the mouse pointer over an unresolved reference which required import:
In either case, WebStorm inserts an