Quick Definition Lookup shows you where and how your project symbols (tags, classes, methods/functions, fields, etc) are defined. For a TypeScript symbol, WebStorm also displays information on its type.
Definitions are shown in the Documentation pop-up window or in the Documentation tool window. Use the icons on the toolbar to navigate to the source code of the definition and view its usages.
To view the definition of a symbol at caret
- Press Ctrl+Shift+I or choose .
To open the definition in the Documentation tool window
- Move your mouse pointer within the tooltip and click in the upper-right corner.
To jump to the definition of the symbol
- When in the hover mode, just click the link into which the symbols has turned.
- To open the source code of the definition for editing and close the quick definition lookup window, click on the toolbar or press F4.
- To open the definition without closing the quick definition lookup window, click or press Ctrl+Enter.