You can connect both YouTrack and Upsource to an external Hub service. When YouTrack and Upsource are connected through Hub and the projects are configured correctly, the following features are enabled:
- Automatically add links to YouTrack issues in discussions, code reviews and commit messages. For more information, see Link Issues in VCS Commits.
- Create an issue directly from a code review in Upsource.
- View comments on a revision or review that mentions the issue in its name.
- View commits where the issue is mentioned.
- Apply YouTrack commands from a VCS commit message. For more information, see Apply Commands in VCS Commits.
For more information, see View and Edit VCS Changes.
Connect YouTrack and Upsource
The Upsource integration is enabled automatically when you connect both YouTrack and Upsource to an external Hub service.
Your specific setup requirements vary based on your current installation environment. The general process is as follows:
- Install and configure an external Hub service.
- Migrate your YouTrack data to the external Hub service.
When you install YouTrack, you have the option to connect to an external Hub service during installation.
- Migrate your Upsource data to the external Hub service.
When you install Upsource, you have the option to connect to an external Hub service during installation.
- Use the the Project Wizard in Hub to:
If you don't have any projects configured in either service, use the Project Wizard to create a new project and add YouTrack and Upsource as services.
For more information about connecting JetBrains Teamware to Hub, refer to the Hub documentation.
Upsource Integration Settings
When YouTrack and Upsource use the same external Hub service, the Upsource integration is enabled and can be used in any project. A link to the Upsource Integration Settings page is added to the Integrations section of the Administration menu.
This page displays a list of the Upsource servers that have been added as services to your external Hub service. The table shows the name of the YouTrack project, Upsource project, and status for each connected project.
The following controls are available on this page: