- Open the Project Structure dialog box (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+SCommand Semicolon).
- Click Artifacts to open the Artifacts page.
Do one of the following:
- To use a pre-defined exploded directory artifact, select the <module name>war:exploded artifact from the list on the left-hand pane. If necessary, change the name and output directory of the artifact in the corresponding fields on the right-hand pane.
To create a new artifact, click the New toolbar button on the left-hand pane
and choose the artifact type from the New drop-down list.
- To have the application deployed as a directory, choose Web Application: Exploded.
- To have the application deployed in the packed form, choose Web Application: Archive.
On the right-hand pane, specify the general settings of the artifact, such as name and output directory, in the corresponding fields.
- Open the desired artifact and switch to the right-hand pane, the Output Layout tab.
With the select the output root node selected, choose the Create Directory item on the context menu
or click the Create Directory toolbar button .
In the dialog box that opens specify the name of the new folder, for example Resources:
- With the new folder selected, choose the Add Copy of item on the context menu or click the Add Copy of toolbar button .
On the context menu, choose the Directory Content item on the context menu.
In the dialog that opens, choose the directory where the required Web content resources are stored.