- To start debugging an entire application with a configuration, create debug configuration of the type PHP Web Application, and launch debugging by clicking the Debug toolbar button .
- To debug a specific PHP HTTP request, define a debug configuration of the type PHP HTTP Request, and launch debugging by clicking the Debug toolbar button .
- Enable control over the debugger from the browser.
- Generate bookmarklets to toggle the debugger through.
- Open the starting page of your application in the browser.
- To activate XDebug from the browser, choose the XDebug Start Profilerbookmark.
- Refresh the page.
- Return to PhpStorm and continue the session.
- On the main menu, choose .
In the Select XDebug profiler snapshot dialog box, that opens,
choose the folder and the file where the profiling data is stored.
PhpStorm presents the collected profiling data in a separate editor tab with the name of the selected profiler output file.
When you request on the accumulated profiling data, PhpStorm opens its visualized presentation in a separate editor tab. The tab is named after the selected profiler output file and consists of several views. Switch between the views to analyze the profiling data based on various criteria of analysis.
- In the Execution Statistics view, examine the summary information about execution metrics of every called function.
- In the Call Tree view, explore the execution paths of all called functions.
- To explore the execution paths of a specific function, select the function in question in the Call Tree view and view its callees in the Callees view.
- To explore all the paths that can result in calling a specific function, select the function in question in the Call Tree view and examine its possible callers in the Callers view.