The Threads Tree view serves many purposes. Typical use cases include the following:
- View what kind of threads are being spawned by your application.
- Monitor all threads and their activities.
- Analyze each thread's activity.
- Find and examine critical execution paths.
view lists all threads in your application.
They are sorted by their execution time. Each thread is identified by a name or ID.
The main thread is marked with the
other threads are worker threads
are are not assigned an icon.
You can expand a thread node and search the call stack for expensive functions.
The appearance of this view depends on the current
Each node in the
view contains the following information:
- The percentage of time spent in this call related to time spent executing the thread.
- Short name of the function being called.
Total time spent in this function and its subtree.
NoteIf total time is marked with an asterisk (*), it means that a function or a thread had started before dotTrace started taking measurements and/or finished after dotTrace had stopped taking measurements.
- Number of calls made in this call stack.
Full name of the called function.
TipNamespace presentation style can be configured in the Options dialog box. For more information, see dotTrace Options: View.