- Open the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box by doing one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- Click the run/debug configurations selector on the main toolbar.
- Press Alt+Shift+F10Alt+Shift+F10, then press 00 to display the Edit Configuration dialog box or select the configuration from the pop-up window and press F4F4.
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, click on the toolbar
or press InsertInsert. The drop-down list shows the default run/debug configurations.
Select the desired configuration type:
The fields that appear in the right pane, display the default settings for the selected configuration type.
If you want to change the default run/debug configuration settings, expand the Defaults node, select the desired configuration type, and modify it as required.
- For a new run/debug configuration:
- Specify its name in the Name text box. This name will be shown in the list of the available run/debug configurations.
- Specify whether you want to make PyCharm check existence of the instances of the same run/debug configuration.
If you want to make sure that only one instance of the run/debug configuration is currently executed,
select the check box Single instance only. In this case, a confirmation dialog box will show up
every time you try to launch run/debug configuration, when one instance of the same type is still running.
If you click OK in the confirmation dialog box, the first instance of the runner will be stopped, and the next one will take its place.
If this check box is not selected, you can launch as many instances of the runner as required. So doing, each runner will start in its own tab of the Run tool window.
To use an existing configuration as a pattern, create its copy by clicking the Copy button on the toolbar, then change it as required.
- Specify additional parameters depending on the configuration type. Refer to the descriptions of run/debug configuration parameters below the Run/Debug Configurations section.
- Apply the changes and close the dialog box.