Anonymize Your Personal Data
In an effort to support the right to erasure or 'right to be forgotten' as outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for data subjects who reside in the European Union, Hub gives you the ability to anonymize your personal data. When you anonymize your user account, your personal data is sanitized in such a way that is no longer identifiable. The full name, email addresses, logins, login details, profile change history, and IP addresses are replaced according to the current anonymization scheme. There are two options for the anonymization scheme in Hub.
|Hashed||Personal data is pseudonymized by replacing it with SHA-256 hashes. While the pseudonymized data is no longer stored in a human-readable state, it is still possible to link the hashes with the original values.|
|Randomized||Personal data is replaced with random values. This anonymization irreversibly destroys any way of identifying the data subject. The randomized data cannot be reverted to a readable state.|
To learn which anonymization scheme is used in your Hub installation, contact your administrator.
To anonymize your personal data:
- Open your user profile.
- Click the Anonymize button in the header.
- The Anonymize User dialog opens.
- Enter your login in the input field.
- Click the Anonymize button.
- Your personal data is anonymized according to the anonymization scheme that is configured for your Hub installation.
- Your anonymized profile is shown in a read-only state and cannot be changed.
- You are no longer able to use this account to log in to Hub or any connected service.