On this page:
You can invoke UML class diagram from different places:
- From the various tool windows.
- From the Navigation bar.
- From the Structure tool window.
- From the editor.
IntelliJ IDEA displays UML diagrams in two modes:
- In a pop-up window.
- In a separate editor tab.
Opening a UML class diagram
- Select the desired item, or open it in the editor.
- Do one of the following:
- On the context menu of the selection, click , and on the submenu, select the way you want to view the model: or .
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+U or Ctrl+Alt+U.
The diagram is displayed in the editor tab or in the pop-up window:
Tips and tricks
- You can open a UML class diagram without using your pointing device. Consider such a workflow: press Alt+Home, then press Ctrl+Alt+U.
- It is possible to view a UML class diagram of a Java package. Just select a Java package in the Project tool window, and press Ctrl+Alt+U:
Last modified: 12 January 2018