Zooming in the Editor
On this page:
- Enabling zooming
- Changing font size with the mouse wheel
- To change font size using the keyboard
- Restoring default font size
IntelliJ IDEA makes it possible to change font size (zoom) in the active editor, and reset font size to the default value. These operations apply to the active editor only. In the other editor tabs, font size is not affected.
To enable changing font size in the editor
- Open the Settings/Preferences dialog, expand the Editor node, and click General.
- Make sure that the setting Change font size (Zoom) with Ctrl+MouseWheel is enabled.
Changing font size with the mouse wheel
To change font size using the mouse wheel
- Place the caret in the editor.
- While keeping the Ctrl/⌘ key pressed, rotate the mouse wheel. As you rotate the mouse wheel forward, font size grows larger; as you rotate the mouse wheel backwards, font size decreases.
The macOS users can use trackpad "Pinch-to-Zoom" gesture to change size of the font and the whole editing area.