Getting started with License Server
Welcome to the JetBrains License Server documentation!
This documentation provides detailed instructions on nearly every aspect of using and administering License Server and hopefully has answers to most of your questions. If you don't find what you're looking for, feel free to contact the JetBrains Support team.
What you need to know about JetBrains License Server
JetBrains License Server is a web application that enables the administration of floating licenses.
License Server allows you to issue licenses to end users who don't have direct Internet access.
You can use License Server to distribute licenses if you own more than 50 licenses in total.
License Server issues and revokes license tickets to and from network clients. It allows a customer to make the product available for concurrent use by as many users as the number of per-user licenses available to the team connected to License Server instance.
- Each license provides one ticket.
- A single ticket grants permission to use a single computer at a time.
- License Server receives requests for license tickets from client applications (IDE) and issues tickets to them upon verification. This eliminates the need to configure clients individually.
- It works according to "first-in-first-out" principle
- Floating License Server set a license free and ready to be released again when an application (JetBrains product), using this license, is quitted.
License Server supports commercial licenses for the following JetBrains products:
- IntelliJ IDEA
- ReSharper C++
- ReSharper Ultimate
Our new license server is much easier to set up than the previous versions. The license server now integrates with your JetBrains Account service. There is no need to collect and paste keys as it syncs with the license information located in your portal. You can simply authorize the server to sync to your JetBrains Account. Once server is set up, it will ping JetBrains Account once an hour. After license information is obtained server might issue licenses with no connection to the JetBrains Account within 2 days. As a client using the license server product, the software will require a connection at least once every 2 days to the server. You can now also allocate licenses by team for more granular control over license key access.