Install and set up AppCode
- 2 GB free RAM
- 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
- macOS 10.11 or higher
- Xcode 8.3 - 9.2
JRE 1.8 is bundled with the AppCode distribution. You do not need to install Java on your computer to run AppCode.
Download and install AppCode
To install AppCode
- Download AppCode
- Open the
AppCode-*.dmgpackage that you've downloaded, and drag AppCode to the Applications folder.
Earlier AppCode versions are available for download on the Previous AppCode Releases page.
Run AppCode for the first time
Import AppCode settings
When you start AppCode for the first time, or after you have upgraded it from a previous version, the Complete Installation dialog opens where you can select whether you want to import the IDE settings:
If this is your first instance of AppCode, choose the Do not import settings option.
Select behaviorOn the next screen you can select the desired behavior (keymap + UI theme) to use in AppCode:
- Select Default or Darcula option if you want to use IntelliJ keymap with the corresponding UI theme (light or dark).
- Select Xcode behavior in case you want to set the interface theme similar to Xcode and use a special keymap which is close to the Xcode default keymap.
Disable the unnecessary plugins
AppCode is shipped with a variety of plugins that provide integration with different version control systems and application servers, add support for various frameworks and development technologies, etc.
On the next step you can disable the plugins you do not need. If necessary, you can re-enable them later in the Preferences dialog ( ⌘, under Plugins).
You can click the Disable All link for each group of plugins to disable them all, or Customize to disable individual plugins.
Download and install additional plugins
On the next step, you are prompted to download additional plugins that are not bundled with the IDE from the AppCode plugins repository:
Start a project in AppCode
After you have completed initial AppCode configuration, the Welcome screen will be displayed. It allows you to:
To try and evaluate AppCode, you can download and install its trial version for free. The trial version is available for 30 days, whereupon you need to obtain and register a license.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Welcome screen, click Configure | Manage License
- Select Help | Register from the main menu
- Select how you want to register AppCode:
- JetBrains Account: select this option if you have a JetBrains Account that allows you to access your purchases and manage licenses (see What is JetBrains Account? to learn more).
- Activation code: select this option if you have an activation code for AppCode, and paste it to the text area.
- License server: select this option to register AppCode through the License Server web application that allows you to manage floating licenses and issue licenses to users who do not have direct internet access.
Manage AppCode through Toolbox App
Toolbox App is a control panel that allows you to manage all JetBrains developer tools, including AppCode, as well as your projects, from a single point of access. It lets you maintain different versions of the same tool, install updates and roll them back if needed. It also remembers your JetBrains Account and uses it to automatically log you in when you install and register new tools.
- Download Toolbox App.
- Launch the setup file.
Now you can manage existing tools, install new tools and download updates: