Running Inspection by Name
Rather than running all enabled inspections, PhpStorm makes it possible to exactly specify the desired inspection by its name and run it to inspect the code in the specific scope.
To run a code inspection by name
- On the main menu, choose , or press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+I.
- In the pop-up frame that opens, start typing the inspection name. As you type, the suggestion list shrinks to show the matching inspection only. The Specify Inspection Scope dialog box opens.
area, specify which files should be inspected.
- To have the source code of the entire project inspected, select the Whole Project option.
- If you are using version control integration, you can choose to only inspect uncommitted files.
- To run an inspection for the currently opened file, or the file(s)/folder(s) selected in the Project view, select the File/Module <name> option.
- To apply inspect code in a specific scope, select the Custom scope option, then choose the desired scope from the drop-down list or click the Browse button and configure a new scope in the Scopes dialog box.
- To have test source files inspected too, select the Include test sources check box.
- To apply inspection only in files matching the specific mask, select the File Masks(s) and specify the file mask. Use comma to separate multiple file masks.
- Click OK to run the inspection.
- Examine results in the Inspection window.
Last modified: 12 July 2016