On this page:
- 1 GB RAM minimum, 2 GB RAM recommended
- 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
JRE 1.8 is bundled with distributions for all platforms. You don't need any Java to be installed on your machine in order to run PhpStorm.
- Microsoft Windows 10/8/7/Vista/2003/XP (incl.64-bit)
- Download PhpStorm from the Download page.
- Run the
PhpStorm-*.exe file that starts the Installation Wizard.
- Follow all steps suggested by the wizard. Pay special attention to the corresponding installation options.
|System Requirements ||Installation|
- macOS 10.5 or higher.
- Only 64-bit macOS is supported.
- Download the
PhpStorm-*.dmg macOS Disk Image file from the Download page.
- Double-click the downloaded
PhpStorm-*.dmg macOS Disk Image file to mount it.
- Copy PhpStorm to your Applications folder.
- OS Linux 64 bit
- KDE, GNOME or Unity DE desktop
- Unpack the
PhpStorm-*.tar.gz file to a different folder, if your current "Download" folder doesn't support file execution:
tar xfz PhpStorm-*.tar.gz <new_archive_folder>
The recommended install location according to the filesystem hierarchy standard (FHS) is
/opt. For example, it's possible to enter the following command:
sudo tar xf PhpStorm-*.tar.gz -C /opt/
- Switch to the
cd <new archive folder>/PhpStorm-*/bin
Last modified: 19 July 2017