Configuring Remote Interpreters using Deployment Configuration
RubyMine enables you to configure a remote interpreter using the existing deployment configuration for your remote server. To do this, perform the steps below:
- Open the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), go to the Language & Frameworks | Ruby SDK and Gems page.
- Click the and select New remote… in the drop-down:
- In the invoked dialog, select Deployment configuration and specify the following options:
- Deployment configuration - Select the required deployment configuration from the drop-down. If necessary, you can click the ellipsis button to open the dialog allowing you to edit the available configurations.
- Ruby or version manager path - Here you should specify the path to the Ruby interpreter or the version manager executable.
- (Optional) If you specified a path to the version manager executable in the previous dialog, RubyMine suggests you select the Ruby interpreter used to run a remote application.
Select the added SDK in the Ruby SDK and Gems page.
(Optional) If you want to use the added SDK to debug a remote process, specify mappings between files of a local and remote project. To do this, click the Edit Path Mappings button. In the Edit Project Path Mappings dialog, specify the local and remote project root paths.