Python language support
To develop Python scripts in IntelliJ IDEA:
Download and install Python.
Install and enable the Python plugin (press Ctrl+Alt+S and go to Plugins).
Configure at least one Python SDK.
If you are a Windows user, we recommend that you install Python for Windows.
Python 2: version 2.7
Python 3: from the version 3.6 up to the version 3.10
- PEP 604 – Allow writing union types as X | Y
- PEP 613 – Explicit Type Aliases
- PEP 634 – Structural Pattern Matching: Specification
- PEP 635 – Structural Pattern Matching: Motivation and Rationale
- PEP 636 – Structural Pattern Matching: Tutorial
- PEP 585 – Type Hinting Generics In Standard Collections
- PEP 593 – Flexible function and variable annotations
- PEP 614 – Relaxing Grammar Restrictions On Decorators
Python support in IntelliJ IDEA
IntelliJ IDEA provides the following features to help working with Python:
Dedicated module type.
Ability to configure interpreters..
Code completion and resolve.
Built-in code formatter and separate set of Python code style settings.
Find usages in Python code.
Recognizing Python documentation comments.
Configuring Python debugger.