Python Language Support
If you are a Windows user, we recommend that you install Python for Windows.
Python 2: version 2.7
Python 3: from the version 3.5 up to the version 3.8
IntelliJ IDEA provides support for Python 3.5 and (since 2016.3) Python 3.6, with the backing of the following:
- PEP-484 -- Type Hints
- PEP-448 -- Additional Unpacking Generalizations
- PEP-492 -- Coroutines with async and await syntax
- PEP-526 -- Syntax for variable annotations
- PEP-498 -- Literal String Interpolation
- PEP-515 -- Underscores in Numeric Literals
- PEP-525 -- Asynchronous Generators
- PEP-530 -- Asynchronous Comprehensions
Python support in IntelliJ IDEA
IntelliJ IDEA provides the following features to help working with Python:
Dedicated module type.
Ability to configure interpreters. .
Code completion and resolve.
Built-in code formatter and separate set of Python code style settings.
Find usages in Python code.
Recognizing Python documentation comments.
Configuring Python debugger.