Coding assistance in PyCharm includes:
- Syntax and error highlighting. The color attributes are configurable in the Colors and Fonts | <language> page of the Settings dialog.
- File templates for the supported languages that enable creating stub classes, scripts etc.
- Live templates for creating complicated code constructs.
- Code completion.
- Code generation.
- Code folding, formatting, and highlighting.
- Intention actions and quick fixes.
- Ability to view code hierarchy.
- Quick access to the API documentation.
- Using macros in the editor.
- Advanced search and replace facilities.
- Advanced means of navigation.
- Code completion, syntax and error highlighting for buildout parts.
- Navigation to buildout parts within buildout.cfg file.
- Interactive consoles where you can execute commands without leaving the IDE.