In this section:
Development of a modern application involves using multiple languages, that is why PyCharm is an IDE for polyglot programming. With the deep understanding of all the subtleties of the source code structure and syntax, PyCharm extends its support to:
- Markup languages and style sheets:
Refer to Markup Languages and Style Sheets.
The following is available only in the Professional edition of PyCharm PyCharm supports the following frameworks, tools, and template languages:
PyCharm detects buildout support in the existing projects, and makes it possible to open them. However, you have to provide the buildout environment in advance.
Refer to the section Templates.
- 2.6+Code insight
- Possibility to view database structure in a diagram. Refer to the section Working with Diagrams.
- 3.0+Code completion and resolve.
Coding assistance in PyCharm includes:
- Syntax and error highlighting. The color attributes are configurable in the Colors and Fonts | <language> pages of the Settings dialog.
- File templates for the supported languages that enable creating stub classes, scripts etc.
- Live templates for creating complicated code constructs.
- Code completion.
- Code generation.
- Code folding, formatting, and highlighting.
- Intention actions and quick fixes.
- Ability to view code hierarchy.
- Quick access to the API documentation.
- Using macros in the editor.
- Advanced search and replace facilities.
- Advanced means of navigation.
- Code completion, syntax and error highlighting for buildout parts.
- Navigation to buildout parts within buildout.cfg file.
- Interactive consoles where you can execute commands without leaving the IDE.