You can spend less time on routine, repetitive manual work and instead focus on the task at hand. A robust set of features for automatic error-checking and code correction cuts development time and increases your efficiency. You will find that ReSharper quickly pays back its cost in increased developer productivity and improved code quality. With ReSharper,.NET developers can truly experience what we mean when we say "The drive to develop".
In this topic
- ReSharper features
- Supported languages
- Products and licenses
- General requirements and compatibility
- Also in this section
ReSharper 2016.3 helps you improve your productivity with the following features:
- Code quality analysis
With its design-time code inspection for all supported languages, ReSharper tells you right away if your code contains errors or can be improved. If necessary, you can also run static code analysis in any desired scope up to the entire solution.
- Fixes to detected code issues
Not only does ReSharper warn you when there is a problem in your code, but it also provides quick-fixes to eliminate errors and code smells automatically.
- Project dependency analysis
Invaluable for large solutions, ReSharper builds project hierarchies and visualizes project dependency diagram, which you can save and compare with new solution states at various stages, all without compiling anything.
- Type dependency analysis
ReSharper can quickly analyze different kinds of dependencies between types in your solution and visualize them using hierarchical view or type dependency diagram.
- Navigation and search
You can jump to any file, type, or member in your codebase in no time, or navigate from a specific symbol to its usages, base and derived symbols, or implementations.
- Decompiling third-party code
An integrated decompiler lets you navigate to code in referenced assemblies; if an assembly is not referenced, you can open and browse it with the Assembly Explorer window enjoying the same navigation features as those you have for the source code.
- Code editing helpers
Multiple code editing helpers including extended IntelliSense, hundreds of instant code transformations, auto-importing namespaces, rearranging code and displaying documentation.
- Code generation
You don't have to write properties, overloads, implementations, and comparers by hand: use code generation actions to handle boilerplate code faster.
- Safe change of your code base
Enjoy solution-wide refactorings to safely change your code base. Whether you need to revitalize legacy code or put your project structure in order, you can lean on ReSharper.
- Compliance to coding standards
Code formatting, naming style assistance, and many other code style preferences which you can quickly enforce with code cleanup, allow you to get rid of unused code and ensure compliance to coding standards.
- More features
ReSharper extensions, which include full-fledged plug-ins, sets of templates, structural search and replace patterns, and more, are extremely easy to discover, install, and update. For more information, see ReSharper plugins web page.
- Command line tools
If you like the way ReSharper inspects your code, you can run code inspection or find code duplicates in your CI server or version control system with standalone command-line tools.
The features of ReSharper 2016.3 are available in the following languages (including language injections):
- C# is fully supported up to C# 6.0 and partially C# 7.0. For more information on configuring C# version, see ReSharper by Language: C#.
- Visual Basic.NET is supported up to VB 14 and partially VB 15.
- C++ support is available either with ReSharper C++ - a dedicated product that you can install separately or side by side with ReSharper, or with ReSharper Ultimate. C++ support includes C, C++03, and partially C++11, C++14, C++17. ATL, MFC and COM projects are supported. For more information, see ReSharper by Language: C++.
- HTML is supported up to HTML 5.
- ASP.NET is supported up to version 4.0 and ASP.NET MVC up to version 5.0. Both the Web Site Project and the Web Application Project models are supported.
- TypeScript is supported up to version 2.0.
- CSS is supported up to 4.0.
- XML is supported up to version 1.1.
- XAML The latest supported Silverlight framework version is Silverlight 5. ReSharper recognizes symbols declared in XAML files and resolves references.
- Build scripts of MSBuild and NAnt are supported.
- JSON and JSON schema are supported.
- Protobuf support are available for versions 2.x and 3.0.
Products and licenses
Considering the different needs of our users, we offer different products and licenses:
Provides features for all supported languages and technologies, except C++, including cross-language functionality.
- ReSharper C++
If you develop solely in C++, you can start enjoying ReSharper's extensive C++ capabilities without features related to other languages that are unnecessary to you.
- ReSharper Ultimate license
This license allows you to use ReSharper, ReSharper C++, as well as dotTrace, dotCover, and dotMemory.
Depending on the license you have, the set of products will be activated automatically. During the evaluation period, all installed JetBrains.NET products are available. If necessary, you can disable some of them on the page of ReSharper options.
General requirements and compatibility
The list of supported.NET Framework and Visual Studio versions as well as system requirements are available on the product website.