Find code issues with code inspection
Static code analysis in JetBrains Rider is called Code Inspection and performed by applying over 2300 individual code inspections to your code in all supported languages.
Code issues can be found in several ways:
JetBrains Rider finds and highlights code issues automatically in design time for all files opened in the editor.
The design time code inspection scope can be extended to the entire solution with the solution-wide analysis - in this case, you will be able to see all errors (and optionally warnings) in the solution as well as some additional issues in the opened files, for example unused public members.
You can find code issues in the specified scope, which can be as large as the whole solution.
In this section:
- Code inspections
- Analyze code issues in design time
- Find code issues in specific scope
- Solution-wide analysis
- Solution-wide code inspections
- Configure code inspection settings
- Report and update deprecated APIs
- Spellchecking with ReSpeller
- Value and nullability analysis
- Analysis of integer values (integral arithmetics)
- Collection access analysis
- ConfigureAwait analysis
- Code analysis and helpers for string literals
- Use annotations to refine code inspection