ReSharper 8 Supports Latest Visual Studio, Gets Refined in Every Way
The newest version of the high-profile .NET tool from JetBrains is quick to support Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Preview, also introducing architecture tools, drastically improving XAML support, adding more refactorings, and making it even easier to fix common .NET code issues.
Prague, Czech Republic, July 18, 2013 — JetBrains®, the renowned vendor of professional tools for software developers, today announced the general availability of ReSharper 8.0, a major new release of their hugely popular productivity extension for Microsoft Visual Studio.
As a prominent Visual Studio Industry Partner, JetBrains has quickly adapted ReSharper 8.0 to support the recently announced Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Preview. Along with Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012, a total of 5 versions of the Microsoft IDE are now supported in a single JetBrains product. A minor ReSharper update will be made available, if necessary, to support the final build of Visual Studio 2013 as soon as it hits the market.
"Many loyal ReSharper users require support for new Visual Studio versions as soon as they are announced; they just feel out of their element when working without ReSharper. We've learned that lesson well and are committed to making compatible versions of the product available just in time," — said Ilya Ryzhenkov, .NET Tools Department Lead at JetBrains. "However, the strength of this major ReSharper update doesn't end with Visual Studio support — far from it. In fact, it would be easier to list the areas we haven't enhanced or refined!"
For customers who don't rush migrating to new versions of the Microsoft IDE, ReSharper 8.0 offers new ways of changing, generating and fixing code in many common scenarios. It also adds more flexibility to navigate Visual Studio solutions both on a code level and on a higher module level. Some of ReSharper 8 highlights include:
- Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Preview while preserving compatibility with 4 previous versions of Visual Studio.
- Faster code fixes. Many of the code fixes that ReSharper suggests can now be batch-applied in the scope of a project or the whole solution.
- Architecture tools. ReSharper can now visualize a project dependency graph for a high-level perspective of dependencies within a Visual Studio solution, and do so without requiring to compile any code.
- Multifile templates. A new kind of ReSharper templates can be expanded to create more than one file, making boilerplate code generation easier.
- New automated refactorings. The set of fresh refactorings is headlined by the highly requested Move Instance Method to move methods between classes without making them static.
- Extraordinary XAML support. Developers working on WPF, Windows Phone, Windows Store and other kinds of XAML-based applications are now covered with a new set of dedicated code inspections and quick-fixes, plus a pack of refactorings to manipulate styles and resources, among other improvements.
- Easy extension management. With the new NuGet-based Extension Manager, discovering, installing and uninstalling ReSharper extensions is now much quicker in Visual Studio 2010 and higher.
Other important changes include new navigation actions, more intuitive code completion, enhanced CSS support for web developers, and code formatter improvements.
In related news, JetBrains also launches a free command-line version of ReSharper. The new ReSharper Command Line Tools is a set of free standalone tools that execute hundreds of ReSharper inspections outside of Visual Studio and additionally find code duplicates. The tools can be used without installing ReSharper and integrated with Continuous Integration or code quality management servers.
To learn more about ReSharper 8.0 and try the software free for 30 days, please visit www.jetbrains.com/resharper/whatsnew.
For general information on pricing and licensing options, please visit http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/buy?pr. For any sales inquiries and volume pricing options, please contact email@example.com (the Americas) or firstname.lastname@example.org (outside of the Americas).
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java™ integrated development environment, IntelliJ™ IDEA (see details on the Web at www.jetbrains.com/idea); TeamCity — a continuous integration and build management environment (www.jetbrains.com/teamcity); dotTrace — a family of performance and memory profilers for .NET applications (www.jetbrains.com/profiler), dotCover — a .NET code coverage tool (www.jetbrains.com/dotcover), and YouTrack — an intelligent issue and bug tracker (www.jetbrains.com/youtrack), among others. JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in Russia, Germany, and the United States. For more information see www.jetbrains.com.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, dotTrace, dotCover, TeamCity, and YouTrack are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.