RubyMotion lets you quickly develop cross-platform native apps for iOS, watchOS, macOS and Android. RubyMine brings all the essential productivity boosters to the world of RubyMotion apps.
Set up your preferred look-and-feel
- Choose between the light Default color theme or the dark Darcula theme.
- If you are used to working with TextMate, Emacs, NetBeans, or Eclipse, you can just select your favorite keymap scheme.
- Vi/vim/gvim emulation is also available via the IdeaVim plugin for RubyMine.
Create and open RubyMotion apps with ease
- Create an iOS, macOS or Android RubyMotion app in one simple step, and RubyMine will generate the full project structure and run Bundler for you.
- Open an existing RubyMotion app from a local folder.
- Check out a RubyMotion app from Git, Subversion, Perforce, or other, and open it ready for work.
Run the simulator or deploy to a device
- When creating a new RubyMotion app, RubyMine also creates default run/debug Rake configurations for you to run the app and the tests.
- All RubyMotion Rake tasks are available within the IDE for you to easily deploy, clean the device, etc.
Smart Code Assistance
Intention actions to stay one step ahead
- RubyMine keeps a close eye on what you do in the editor and highlights any errors as you type.
- Moreover, the IDE comes up with smart suggestions: auto-create a new method that you have not yet declared; perform i18n for a string value; fix an if/else statement; and much more.
Testing and Debugging
Set breakpoints and run your code step by step
- Launching a debugging session is as simple as running your app: use the same predefined Rake task.
- To find out what is wrong with your code, simply set a breakpoint by clicking in the left side bar next to a code line.
- The Debug Tool Window shows everything you need: threads, variables and expressions.
Quick review of key features
- Creating a simple RubyMotion iOS app
- Adding some code
- Running the simulator
- Testing via spec
- Working with console
- Deploying to a device
- Debugging on a device