JetBrains Releases dotTrace Profiler 3.0
Profiler for .NET apps expands its arsenal of
memory and performance profiling tools, handles more profiling scenarios
Prague, Czech Republic, May 14, 2007 - JetBrains s.r.o., creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing applications, today announced the general availability of JetBrains dotTrace 3.0. The third major release of the company's intelligent profiling tool for Microsoft .NET applications features a quadruple increase in the number of performance profiling tools available to its users, a new way to catch memory leaks, and other extensive enhancements and improvements.
The new profiling modes introduced in dotTrace 3.0 include sampling profiling for fastest, minimum-overhead profiling, and routine thread profiling for unprecedented precision of measurement. dotTrace now offers a truly versatile set of performance profiling tools, catapulting the total number from one to four.
In the memory profiling department, more memory leaks can now be spotted with the help of dotTrace. Developers can easily see all objects which were finalized without being properly disposed by the code, thus being able to catch very intricate memory issues. Overall, developers' profiling options are expanded with regard to both the application profiling process and to working with profiling results.
Performance profiling enhancements in dotTrace 3.0 include:
- Measuring routine thread time, in addition to the existing wall time profiling mode.
- Super fast sampling profiling for getting the fastest picture of application's performance with the lowest possible overhead.
- Ability to save individual parts of snapshots (tab saving).
- Filtering and folding function call chains in Hot Spots and Back Traces views and filtering function calls in Plain View.
Memory profiling enhancements in dotTrace 3.0 include:
- Non-disposed but finalized objects are detected.
- Possibility to merge strongly-connected objects.
- Navigation to classes' source in source preview.
- Information about reachable and held objects is now serialized to disk, eliminating the necessity to recompute it on each memory snapshot opening.
Other enhancements include:
- Profiling ASP.NET applications from Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Profiling ASP.NET applications using Visual Studio Development web-server.
- Automatic creation of .config files for profiling modes not supported for the .NET 1.1 framework.
General information about dotTrace 3.0 is available at the JetBrains web site at http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/index.html?dt30pr. Information on new features can be found at http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/features/newfeatures.html?dt30pr.
The release is available for download at http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/download/. A free 10-day evaluation license enabling full functionality can be requested at the same URL.
JetBrains dotTrace can be purchased online at http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/buy/index.html?dt30pr. New single user licenses are priced at $499 (US); upgrades cost $149. Purchases of dotTrace 2.0 made after March 15, 2007 qualify for a free upgrade.
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java™ integrated development environment, IntelliJ™ IDEA (see details on the Web at http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/index.html?dt30pr), ReSharper and dotTrace Profiler for C# developers (see http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/index.html?dt30pr, http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/index.html?dt30pr), and the TeamCity - integrated team collaboration environment (http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/index.html?dt30pr). JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in St. Petersburg, Russia and Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, see http://www.jetbrains.com/index.html?dt30pr.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, dotTrace and TeamCity are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains,s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Worldwide Marketing Director
+7 812 930 6703