JetBrains Releases TeamCity 4.0
The latest version of JetBrains' distributed build management and continuous integration server
Prague, Czech Republic, November 27, 2008 — JetBrains®, creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools for software developers, have announced the general availability of the fourth major release of TeamCity, its continuous integration server and distributed build management tool. TeamCity automates routine procedures, streamlines the software development process, improves team communication, and helps development teams implement agile methodology and other industry best practices.
With exceptional scalability provided by the build grid, extensibility via Java API, and integration with multiple IDEs, version control systems and build tools, TeamCity has already been adopted in hundreds of companies worldwide. It enjoys wide recognition as a solution that allows easy management and optimization of release engineering in large-scale build infrastructures, yet provides utility for every developer and every team.
"Since its creation, TeamCity has been a key element in our own development process," said JetBrains CEO Sergey Dmitriev. "The production TeamCity server at JetBrains currently has over 50 build configurations in a build grid with more than 50 build agents, with literally every project and every developer using it on a daily basis. With features such as quick feedback on build progress, pre-tested commits, and server-side code analysis with over 600 code inspections, TeamCity tremendously reduces the time needed for introducing new features and fixes. It helps us achieve higher end-product quality at a faster pace than ever before."
For individual developers and small-to-medium teams, TeamCity 4.0 is available free of charge via the free Professional Edition, which is restricted to 20 build configurations and three build agents.
TeamCity 4.0 brings a number of improvements in many areas, including:
- Build Chains support, which allows breaking down a single build procedure into several parts/builds that can be run on different build agents, in sequence or in parallel, using the same set of sources in all of them
- Tests Re-ordering — TeamCity 4.0 can determine which tests are likely to fail, and perform those tests first the next time the project builds
- Any build can be redone from a particular version control revision (history builds)
- Improved agents authentication mechanics, per-agent CPU-benchmarks, and agents overview statistics matrix
- Statistics for an entire project, and comparative statistics on a single chart
- New integrations, including FxCop and dedicated Rake runner, as well as improvements for old ones such as MSTest
- A new, highly improved Eclipse integration, which brings to the Eclipse world many cool features previously available only for IntelliJ IDEA users
- Lots of user interface improvements: new Project page with project-centric information and statistics, a dedicated page for viewing individual test statistics and details, and many improvements in dependencies management
- Some of the plugins bundled with TeamCity, such as the integrations with Eclipse, ClearCase and FxCop, are now open source
- Numerous other improvements including notifications, VCS integration, a greatly improved search engine, and more (see http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/features/newfeatures.html)
To learn more about JetBrains TeamCity, see the official TeamCity website at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity.
As usual, the free Professional Edition is available for download at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/download/index.html.
* * *
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java™ integrated development environment, IntelliJ® IDEA (see details on the Web at http://www.jetbrains.com/idea), ReSharper and dotTrace Profiler for .NET developers (see http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper, http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler), and TeamCity — a continuous integration and build management environment (http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity). JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in St. Petersburg, Russia and Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, see http://www.jetbrains.com.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, dotTrace and TeamCity are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.